Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Worldview

Quite simply my family has created my worldview. Many of the ways my parents see the world have become my own. You know they simply believe in equality and everyone has something to offer. Limits don't exist when it comes to what we can learn from each other. Not to sound like a Disney movie, but its very true. I can't begin to express all I've learned from friends and family who were apart of a culture different from my own. Especially when I visited one of my Dad's good friends in Spain. She's from England so learning about her culture along with that of the Spanish kids was awesome. They embraced me and I carried a notepad around everywhere. Not to mention the girls were beautiful! That made me really want to get my spanish going. That trip changed my life exposing me to something I could only dream and wonder about. I began to realize how small our world really is and how its possible to have fun with everyone. One of my friends Tony who I still send an email every now and then didn't speak much English and my Spanish was horrible, but we had an outstanding time together. Laughing it up, and using a world of hand gestures, we had a blast.

Another big event that changed my world view was spending time in Matt Karush's class. Studying dance, he began to expose us to the history of the world in order to let us know how culture works. He informed us that race truly doesn't exist and it was only created to instill a system of social hierarchy. This changed my ideas about everything! I knew something just wasn't right! I feel so connected to all people. That was such a wonderful thing to know; to tell the world! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment