Thursday, September 24, 2009

Family Story (Little Late, Didn't Catch the Page Turn)

So my family story is an origin of a tradition I have with my Dad and my brother. Especially when I was younger, my family went to DisneyWorld in Florida a lot. We generally went once a year and made it our big family vacation. Well after one particularly great week there, me and my brother, who were around 10 and 8 at the time, respectively, were not to keen on leaving. So my dad came up with the idea of going to this big tree on Main Street, all putting our hands on it, and saying how we'd be back again soon.

At the time it was just a little thing we did to make it a bit easier to leave knowing that we'd be back again soon. But ever since then, though we go to Disney less and less as we've gotten older, everyday on the last day of our trip, me, my brother, and my Dad have to go to "our tree" and say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment