Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Folk Group

In the folk group category I fit mostly in the family groups. My family has been telling stories through the generations for ages. Mostly they are funny ones. But also memories are kept in artifacts like love letters that my grandmother wrote to my grandfather, and jewelry that has been handed down through the family that all has a story attached to it. Pictures especially have meanings to tell stories.
We have traditions like everyone else some are just getting together at Christmas time, or making sure that one special uncle will get a prank pulled on him on his birthday. We joke, we laugh, and we love. That is what is special about the folklore in my family. The stories I hear are not just your average stories with a moral they have a “punch” to them that makes them unique. Also if you want to pull a prank in this family to be a part of the tradition you better watch your back, the other person may get even.

No comments:

Post a Comment