Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Worldview

I think that my personal folklore has shaped my worldview in many different ways. Being in the teenage folk group, I think that in many respects has made my worldview what it is. Many teenagers, such as myself, see the world differently from adults, and we create our own theories and views because of it.

Then there is my line of work. As an umpire, I see various different people with all different sorts of situations. I see rich people, poor people, white people, black people, all interacting in different ways with each other over a game. I think through this I have created my worldview, because I have seen the different people in this world, and I have recognized that there are some people in this world who are kind and good, while there are others who are not so kind and good. Though I may have known this before, personally interacting with this fact everyday has strengthened this fact and has helped me grow as a person.

Most importantly though, my family and their folk influences have shaped my worldview. Me and my dad always tent to have talks about various issues, whether they be current events, our economy, sports, cars, or other things. Due to his influences, I see the world differently. In many ways, I take what he says into greater account than anyone else and tend to see the world in a lot of the same ways he does. My family group of folklore is probably the most influential folk group that influences my view on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment