Saturday, September 19, 2009

Folklore and My World View

Folklore is very important to my world view. I come from a politically diverse family which has influenced me to be open minded and/or to be accepting of others beliefs. My work has influenced me greatly in my view of animals. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved animals, but I grew up where there were farmers on both sides of my family. I spent many summers raising cattle and planting fields. To a certain extent animals, be they cows or dogs...etc... they were what they were and if one passed, it was just life and you move on. Now that I've been working in the vet field for many years, the folklore there has changed me into more of a pet fanatic or enthusiast. Religion is probably one of the largest parts of my folklore in life and has been a big factor in my world view. It plays a role in my decision making on life decisions, view points and choices. These are just a few examples of how my folklore influences my world view.

No comments:

Post a Comment