Monday, September 21, 2009

Great-Grandma Welty

I don't remember by paternal great-grandmother, but I am told she was quite fond of "The Drink." I believe her favorite was gin and tonic. She used to putter around my parents' house with her glass all day, in her nightgown, and it was kind of a family joke.
My father would quietly follow behind her, cleaning up the little puddles she left on the floor. You see, she was very old, and probably quite shaky, spilling her drink on the floor as she walked.
One day, my mom noticed that Grandma Welty had made it from the kitchen all the way to couch in the living room with her glass still completely full. But my father was still cleaning up spills behind her. It was then that Mom realized that Grandma Welty had never had problems with spilling her beloved beverage. She was simply incontinent and not wearing any panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment