Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Story - Anelise

First of all - I am so sorry this is late, I was confused by the schedule on the syllabus and I thought this was due by Thursday.

My mother always tells me stories of my father. They mean so much to me, and I never tire of hearing them. My father died when I was four, so these stories really help me to get to "know" him. My favorite story is of their first date. My dad was my mother's boss, and she told him that if they got this certain sale that she would buy him a steak to celebrate. My dad, from what my mother says, was a huge nerd. The big glasses, booky type. My mother was quite the opposite - glamorous and outgoing. My father hadn't taken my mom seriously, and she boldly approached him and said, "I'll meet you at Outback at 7:30 on Friday." My mother says that my dad was in such shock that he dropped the file he was holding, and turned as red as the dress she was wearing. The night of their date, my mother said that my dad was so nervous that he couldn't stop sweating. His eyeglass popped out during dinner, so my mother had to ask for tape to tape the lens in! My mom says that night she laughed harder than she ever had before, and she knew that this was the man she was meant to spend her life with.

To this day, I still hear "don't judge a book by its cover" when it comes to men!

No comments:

Post a Comment