Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grimm's Tales

Growing up, I was very familiar with fairy tales, from Hans Christian Andersen to the Grimm Brothers. My sisters and I would read the tales or watch videos about them. We really enjoyed listening to the stories, and to this day, I still like reading them. They remind me of my childhood and all the different variations of the stories that I read.

I was home this past weekend, and I completed the assignment by reading the stories to my seven year old brother. Although I had read most of the stories before, my brother was hearing them for the first time. For him, he saw the tales as more than entertainment. He was filled with questions after every story; he was learning lessons and having fun at the same time.

These stories provide the reader with a message that is received in a fun and interesting way. Without the entertaining aspects of the these stories, I doubt that people would be as interested in their content.

No comments:

Post a Comment