Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gestures

In face to face conversation, I generally to not use very many gestures. Yet while texting of instant messaging someone I use them all the time. I use exclamation points to show excitement added with smiley faces. Its pretty funny because when my best friend or I like a guy we will analyze how text messages to that particular person. We debate such things as, should I put another smiley face here or is one enough orshould i use an exclamation point here so he thinks im excited? I know it sounds silly but yes, we really do that. Communication of feeling and or emotions is hard to emote through the computer. Despite that of video chat you cant see someones face and the signs that can tell. All you can go off are words, periods, smiley faces, all caps letters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment