Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grimm Tales

When I read the tales, I was very glad because I have read all of these stories in the childhood. I was also surprised at myself because I knew every story in the book. Some stories had life lessons or moral in the plot but other stories did not have morals. In addition there were several stories that were not happy ending. I think Grimm Tales are different from fairy tales like Cinderella or Snow White. They are a lot more realistic.
As a grown up reader, these tales are for entertaining, but I think they can give children some lessons. For example, if you do not hear mother's words carefully, you will meet bad fortune like the little red cap met the wolf in the forest. Or, if you are greedy, you'll lose everything as in "the fisherman and his wife".

No comments:

Post a Comment