Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gesture

I don't really know if gesture can be translated into an online version. It's hard to even get tone to come across correctly online, and gesture can be something that varries from person to person. There is no way of knowing exactly what to the other person what gesture at any given point. I do have to say that when I get an e-mail from my Mom or my Nana I do know exactly what their gestures and tone would be. From anyone outside of my family or really close friends I do not believe that I would be able to. A lot of the time in e-mail or on AIM people will try and say what their gesture is. There are a few ways to do it that I have come across. One is to put :: :: around the gesture, or * *.

I believe you lose something without the gestures. Something about talking face to face and getting so caught up in the conversation is lost when you have to sit there and type it out. There is that feeling of a disconection. That of course doesn't stop me from irratically throwing my hands around and jumping up and down as I type, but it does stop the other person from seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment