Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Worldview from a religious foundation

As the Toelken reading suggests, family is the foundation that shapes your worldview. By being introduced to folklore in the home throughout your early years, you develop a unique perspective which affects how you react to your environment and situations, as well as how you analyze the actions of others. My foundation was highly religious in a strict household, thus my worldview differs from those I know whose family did not place an emphasis on religion and/or discipline. I believe my worldview has been further impacted by 15+ years as a military wife. As a result, I find myself rejecting anyone who appears to lack integrity, and have difficulty accepting the path that our society has taken (however, I am not naïve to assume or believe that our society is unique in this respect, as “progressive” thought is present everywhere).

No comments:

Post a Comment