Monday, June 1, 2009

Family Definitions: Singers and Geniuses

There are many definitions families can use to distinguish themselves. Many members of a family can possess qualities of creativity. Other families might lean towards academics and intelligence. My family has a little bit of both. There are a long line of singers on my mother’s side of the family. My grandmother was in a all girl singing group when she was young. Before she passed away, my aunt was vocally gifted and recorded some music. Even my mother sung in the choir when she was a teenager. All my siblings and myself can sing. My younger brother, Quentin, makes up songs about family member on atop of his head. It’s actually quite funny to think how so many people in a family can share one talent. Many people in my family are very smart. One of my uncles took classes at Columbia University when he was still in high school. I have another uncle who received perfect scores on exams when he was in the Navy. Also, I have cousins who are extremely intelligent and had the option of shipping a few grade levels. These qualities definitely stand out in my family. They are very strong qualities and I wouldn’t be surprised that I passed those characteristics to my future children.

No comments:

Post a Comment