Monday, November 23, 2009

Food Traditions

I suppose the biggest food tradtion in our house is the yearly Thanksgiving meal. More than just a meal, it's an occasion for family from across the country to gather and tell stories. One I intend to bring up this year is just how this madness fell on our house in the first place. As for the food itself, it encompasses all the customary cuisines of Thanksgiving: stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and of course, the turkey. But there are also some family touches, like caserole courtesy of my grandmother from Minnesota. 
On a more day-to-day basis, however, one could say that the special occasion is simply our family sitting down to eat together at a table. In this hectic world, we haven't done that in...months, I suppose. 
I look forward to Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment