Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Food Traditions

My families main food tradition is the corn bread stuffing we have on Thanksgiving. When my grandmother was alive she made it every year, and now that she is gone my mother has taken over the tradition. Most of our family holiday traditions have ceased to exist since my grandmother died, but the stuffing remains. It is not Thanksgiving to me without the corn bread stuffing. It has sage sausage in it, and all sorts of other really tasty ingredients.

My family did Thanksgiving early this year, so I went to my boyfriend's house on Thanksgiving Day. I learned about one of their special Thanksgiving, food traditions: corn pudding. I had never had it before, and can now say that corn pudding is delicious. My boyfriend's grandmother makes it every year, and according to him and his brothers, their mom tried to make it once and it turned out awful. Their grandmother's corm pudding is special to them. Even if their mom's corn pudding was good they would never admit it, because it was not made by their Mimi(what they call their grandmother. It can not be Thanksgiving for them without corn pudding just like it can not be Thanksgiving for me without corn bread stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment